Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
This honey mustard salmon cooked in foil is a quick and easy meal to make. You can bake it in the oven or cook it on the grill — your choice. For end-of-summer dinners, we prefer the grill method.
- 1 batch honey mustard sauce (see below)
- 2 pounds of salmon, boneless
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Honey mustard sauce ingredients:
- 1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat an oven to 375°F or heat a grill to medium heat.
- Prepare your honey mustard: Whisk all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
- Lay out a large sheet of foil and mist with cooking spray. Place the salmon (skin-side down) in the middle of the foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the honey mustard sauce on top of the salmon and spread it around evenly so that it covers the top of the salmon.
- Fold the sides of the aluminum foil up and over the top of the salmon until it is completely enclosed. (If your sheet of foil is not large enough, just place a second sheet of foil on top and fold the edges so that it forms a sealed packet.)
- Carefully transfer the packet of salmon to the oven or grill, and cook for 12-14 minutes or until the salmon is almost completely cooked through. (Cooking times will vary on the thickness of your salmon, so we recommend checking it a few minutes early if you have a thinner cut.)
- Carefully open and pull back the aluminum foil so that the top of the fish is completely exposed. Be careful as hot steam will be released! Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove salmon from the oven or grill. Sprinkle the top of the salmon evenly with parsley and serve immediately.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also want try making this honey citrus sheet pan salmon meal.
More from In The Know: