Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
A spiralizer can be a great tool in the kitchen. It can cut produce into noodle-like spirals which means you can substitute pasta dishes with healthier veggies. But that’s not the only thing you can do with this handy tool.
Here are three spiralizer hacks that will make sure you get the most of the kitchen device.
Make homemade apple chips
Instead of potato chips, try these baked apple chips for a healthy snack.
1. Spiralize an apple using the flat blade so that it creates thin, circular pieces.
2. Place the apple slices on a sheet pan with parchment paper.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon on the apples. Bake at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for three hours, flipping the slices halfway through the cook-time.
Upgrade ice cubes
These cucumber ice cubes are sure to elevate your favorite drink.
1. Spiralize a cucumber.
2. Place the slices in a silicone ice tray.
3. Add water. Freeze. Drop into your beverage for a tasty, Instagrammable treat.
Make zucchini muffins
Sneak veggies into yummy desserts that may not have a lot of nutritional value with this quick hack.
1. Spiralize zucchini into noodles.
2. Chop the noodles into smaller pieces.
3. Add the zucchini pieces into chocolate muffin batter and bake as usual. Enjoy!
If you like this article, check out these six cocktail recipes for kicking off the weekend.
More from In The Know: