Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
In The Know: Eats is a cooking series that showcases easy-to-make and affordable takes on the biggest food trends. From restaurant quality at-home ramen to DIY bubble tea, these are some of the most delicious recipes for all you foodies.
If you like your chicken wings extra crispy, you need to try making them in an air fryer. You’ll use less oil than traditional frying methods (so yes, less clean-up too), but you’ll get the same crunchy texture. When you’re done frying, toss the wings in your choice of sauce: garlic parmesan, classic Buffalo or spicy barbecue. Or, you know, maybe all three.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, pre-cut into small wings and drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 stick unsalted butter
For the garlic parmesan sauce:
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
For the Buffalo sauce:
For the spicy barbecue sauce:
To serve on the side and garnish:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375° F.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and place them in a large bowl. Toss them with salt and pepper, then baking powder.
- Transfer the chicken to the air fryer basket, and place them in the air fryer.
- Cook for 25 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking time.
- Increase the temperature to 420° F or the highest setting and bake for a final four minutes or until the chicken skin is crispy and brown.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer and immediately toss in the sauce of your choice. Garnish with a handful of microgreens and fresh parsley. Serve with carrots, celery and dressing for dipping.
To make the sauces:
- Melt the butter and divide into thirds, one for each type of sauce. (If you only want to make one type of sauce, use 1/3 of the melted butter.)
- Mix each sauce’s ingredients, adding the melted butter to finish it.
If you liked this story, read about these Earth-friendly, plastic-free products to use at home.
More from In The Know: