Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
In The Know: Eats is a cooking series that showcases easy-to-make and affordable takes on the biggest food trends. From restaurant quality at-home ramen to DIY bubble tea, these are some of the most delicious recipes for all you foodies.
Skip splattering oil and the mess traditional frying makes by using an air fryer to make these crispy cottage fries. While you’ll use less oil, there’s still tons of flavor. The fries are topped with flakey sea salt and microgreens, and served with a homemade chipotle mayo.
For cottage fries:
- 3 medium russet potatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Microgreens, for garnish
- Flakey sea salt, for garnish
For chipotle mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce
- Zest of one lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon flakey sea salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F for five minutes.
- Clean and dry the potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes about 1/4-inch thick and put the slices into cold water for about three minutes.
- Drain the water and pat the potatoes with a paper towel to dry. Toss them with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer. Fry for 12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through to mix up the potato slices.
- While the potatoes cook, prepare the dipping sauce by mixing the chipotle mayo ingredients together until well combined.
- Top cottage fries with more flakey sea salt and microgreens. Serve with chipotle mayo.
If you enjoyed this story, read about the best “tortilla hack” recipes we’ve seen on TikTok.
More from In The Know: