Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
An air fryer is a perfect way to get crispy, flavorful snacks without using oil.
The trendy kitchen appliance works by using heat and a fan to rapidly blow air around in a cooking chamber. This enables the heat to touch more surface area of the food to create a crispier crust. That means you can have all of your favorites, like fried veggies, potatoes, tofu and chicken without any additional fats.
Here’s how you can upgrade some things you probably already have in the fridge.
1. Fried Ravioli
Turn your frozen ravioli into decadent finger food with this easy recipe.
- Frozen ravioli
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip the frozen ravioli into flour.
- Next coat the ravioli in whisked eggs.
- Then dip the ravioli into breadcrumbs.
- Place the ravioli into the air fryer and fry for three minutes.
- Remove the ravioli and coat with cooking spray. Fry for another three minutes.
- Enjoy and dip into tomato or marina sauce.
2. Mac and Cheese Balls
Don’t waste your leftover macaroni and cheese, make these crispy, ooey-gooey mac and cheese balls instead.
- Leftover mac and cheese, chilled
- Take cold leftover mac and cheese and shape them into small balls.
- Roll the balls in flour.
- Then coat the mac and cheese balls in the whisked eggs.
- Dip the balls into the breadcrumbs.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Next air fry at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the fryer, sprinkle with salt and you’re good to go.
3. Kale Chips
If you’re looking for a way to eat more leafy greens, try turning that kale into a crunchy indulgence.
- Kale, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper chopped kale.
- Drizzle the kale with olive oil, then toss to coat.
- Next, pop the kale in the air fryer for four to five minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chow down on this light, healthy snack.
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you enjoyed this story, read about where to shop for more coffee online.
More from In The Know: