Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
There’s nothing like biting into a crispy on the outside, soft on the inside rugelach. If you’re unfamiliar, rugelach is a filled pastry in the shape of a crescent that’s fried in oil. It originated in the Jewish communities of Poland, and is a popular Hanukkah treat. But, really, you can enjoy it any time of year.
In our recipe for homemade rugelach, we’re filling the pastries with Nutella and candied walnuts. Plus, we’re using an air fryer, which uses less oil to give them their signature texture. Another hack? We’ve ordered our ingredients using Walmart+.
Walmart+ makes getting groceries and other goods (like an air fryer) delivered. It cuts back a significant amount of time you’d regularly spend driving to the store, wandering the aisles and waiting in the checkout line. The membership includes free delivery on orders over $35 (some restrictions may apply). In some cases, delivery is as soon as same-day! Otherwise, order ahead and schedule your delivery when you need it.
You can sign up for a free Walmart+ 15-day trial. If you like it, the service costs $98 per year or $12.95 per month. (We’re betting you’ll love it.)
So order your groceries — and if you don’t yet have an air fryer, this recipe may convince you to order that, too. Here’s how to make air fryer Nutella rugelach.
- Marketside All Butter Croissants
- 1 jar Nutella
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups walnut pieces
- 2 cups golden raisins
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- granulated sugar, to taste
Tools to use
- To make candied walnuts, whisk one egg white in a bowl until frothy.
- Mix walnut pieces with egg white, then mix in brown sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer the mixture to the air fryer and cook at 320° F for 12 minutes. Remove the candied walnuts from the air fryer and set aside to cool.
- Cut croissants horizontally and spread 1 tablespoon of Nutella on each half. Then, add two tablespoons of the candied walnuts and two tablespoons of golden raisins.
- Close the croissant like a sandwich and top with melted butter. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Move the rugelach to the air fryer and cook for three minutes at 400° F.
- Let cool and serve.
If you like this recipe, check out these stuffed Christmas bell peppers for the holiday season.
More from In The Know: