Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
If you’ve decided to test out the monthly subscription lifestyle with grocery deliveries, household goods shipments or personal care product boxes, Amazon’s Subscribe & Save program is one under-the-radar service that’s definitely worth trying — and it’ll actually save you money.
Instead of constantly grabbing toilet paper or trash bags at your local grocery store, you can set up recurring shipments from Amazon at the cadence of your preference. Say goodbye to the worry of adding everyday staples to shopping lists!
Choose from household goods, baby products, pet supplies, grocery items, beauty essentials and more to schedule for a delivery that works for you. You can select your items to be delivered from every two weeks to six months.
While subscriptions can be costly, Amazon’s service doesn’t include any extra fees and can save you up to 20 percent off each purchase versus other expensive options that can run in the hundreds of dollars per year.
How does Amazon’s Subscribe & Save program work?
As you’re browsing products within each Subscribe & Save category, you’ll notice a percentage below the item, which signifies how much you can save if you choose to sign up for continuous delivery.
After selecting the quantity and schedule that fits your needs for the eligible products, your subscription is set, and shipping is always free.
Plus, if you schedule five or more products on auto-delivery to one address, you can get up to 15 percent off. Additionally, if you’re a Prime member, you can unlock up to 20 percent off.
Unlike other subscriptions that can make it hard to cancel, Amazon allows you to skip deliveries or cancel your items at any time. And, before each delivery arrives, you’ll receive a reminder email that shows the total items, price and any available discounts for the upcoming order.
Eligible Subscribe & Save items on Amazon
To help get you started, we’ve rounded up a few Subscribe & Save picks below. To note while shopping: Listed prices below are the ones for the most common delivery frequency, but you can choose what works best for your home. And if you’re not yet an Amazon Prime member, be sure to sign up here.
- Shop: Tide Pods 3 in 1 Laundry Detergent Pacs, $18.97 every two months
- Shop: Seventh Generation Concentrated Laundry Detergent 40 oz Pack of 2, $19.83 every two months
- Shop: Downy Ultra Liquid Fabric Conditioner 48 oz Pouches Pack of 3, $11.97 every two months
- Shop: Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Multi-Surface Cleaner Concentrate, $16.87 every three months
- Shop: Lysol Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner, $3.30 every two months
- Shop: Method Squirt + Mop Hardwood Floor Cleaner Refill, $10.73 every two months
- Shop: Method Foaming Hand Soap Refills Pack of 6, $34.14 every three months
- Shop: Everyone Hand Soap 3 Count, $10.90 every two months
- Shop: CleanWell Foaming Hand Soap, $22.10 every two months
- Shop: Glad ForceFlex 13-Gallon Kitchen Trash Bags 110 Count, $15.97 every four months
- Shop: Hefty Ultra Strong Tall Kitchen Trash Bags 80 Count, $11.53 every two months
- Shop: Glad 30-Gallon Blue Recycling Bags 28 Count, $10.44 every three months
- Shop: Dawn Platinum Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap Pack of 3 + Non-Scratch Sponge, $14.46 every two months
- Shop: Cascade Complete ActionPacs Dishwasher Detergent, $16.97 every three months
- Shop: Palmolive Eco Dishwasher Detergent Gel Pack of 3, $9.95 every three months
If you liked this story, you might like to read about Amazon’s monthly subscription boxes.
More from In The Know: