The espresso martini has been gaining popularity at bars all over! The energizing coffee cocktail typically consists of vodka, espresso, sweetener, and coffee liqueur, but on this episode of Bar Master, mixologist and cocktail expert, Josué Gonzaléz (@josue.allday) shakes up the classic espresso martini recipe with a few special ingredients.
- 0.5 oz. Fig Syrup
- 1.5 oz. Espresso
- 0.5 oz. Lustau Pedro Ximénez “San Emilio” Sherry
- 1.5 oz. E11even Vodka
- Ice cubes
- Grated nutmeg for garnish
- Pour the fig syrup into a cocktail shaker, and then add the espresso.
- Next, add the Pedro Ximénez sherry and the E11even vodka.
- Add ice cubes to the cocktail shaker and give it a shake before straining the cocktail into a martini glass.
- Grate a little bit of nutmeg onto the top of the espresso martini. Josué also adds a candied fig for garnish, which he had left over from making his own fig syrup.
More from In The Know: