Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to “Best Bites,” a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
When fall hits, people are quick to talk about pumpkin spice. But what about apple spice? Fresh-picked apples, apple cider and cider doughnuts are all just as appropriate for the season and equally as delicious (#TeamAppleSpice). So put away your pumpkin roll recipes because we’re making this apple spice cake.
Keep in mind, this apple spice cake recipe calls for only two apples, but we recommend getting a few more for garnishing your plate or snacking on while the cake bakes. Seriously, there’s nothing like a crisp fall apple.
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to make something absolutely tasty — and this apple spice cake recipe is proof. You can order all of the ingredients and tools needed as soon as same-day through Walmart+ with free unlimited delivery.
Start your 15-day free trial of Walmart+ today to get the groceries and gadgets you need today with free unlimited delivery. See membership details. $35 minimum order. Restrictions apply.
- 2 apples
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 2-3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- caramel sauce, for topping
- powdered sugar, for topping
Tools we’re using
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cut apples into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Place a sifter over a mixing bowl and add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon and salt. Sift and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to blend butter and sugar together. Add two eggs and blend. Then, add apple sauce and blend.
- Combine dry ingredients with the wet and blend together. Then fold in apples with a spoon, making sure to coat every piece with the cake. mixture.
- Pour cake mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and bake in the oven for 30–40 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve with caramel sauce and powdered sugar.
If you like this apple spice cake recipe, try one of our other favorite fall foods: slow-cooker pulled pork.
More from In The Know: