Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
These baked seasoned tofu nuggets with sautéed baby bok choy will help expand your toddler’s palate.
Chicken nuggets and fries are always fun, but tofu nuggets with a hearty helping of baby bok choy are a great healthy alternative. Tofu is packed with protein and all nine essential amino acids. It’s also the perfect finger food for babies without teeth or who are transitioning to solid foods.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for the tofu)
- 1 pound baby bok choy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for the bok choy)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1-inch grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
1. Cut the tofu into small cubes.
2. Drizzle the tofu cubes with olive oil.
3. Toss and fully coat the cubes with the arrowroot powder.
4. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes.
5. While the tofu is baking, chop baby bok choy.
6. Add olive oil, garlic, ginger and bok choy to a sauté pan. Salt to taste.
7. Pour the water into pan while the bok choy is cooking and mix it in.
8. Cover the bok choy with a lid and cook for five minutes or until soft.
9. When the baked tofu is ready, serve it with white rice and the bok choy. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy.
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you enjoyed this story, you might like to read more Best Bites for Baby recipes here.
More from In The Know: