Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
While nothing beats holding the print versions of these chart-topping titles, you can reduce clutter, consolidate space and save money by downloading the Kindle versions onto your e-reader, mobile device or computer.
So, before getting into this impressively diverse list of books, featuring authors like Brittany K. Barnett, Asha Lemmie, Brit Bennett and more, find out why using the Kindle Unlimited service is the perfect way to get in a good read.
Shop: Kindle Unlimited (Special 2 Month Deal), $0.99 For New Members (Orig. $19.98)
With Kindle Unlimited, users gain access to millions of titles that are drastically cheaper than print editions. One of the most common ways to use this service is via an Amazon Kindle device, like the one pictured below. But you can also use Kindle Unlimited on another e-reader or most other smart devices, like a smartphone or tablet.
Now, for a limited time, all new Kindle Unlimited subscribers have the option of getting their first two months of service for $0.99, with their contracts automatically renewing for $9.99 per month once the time frame ends. As with any Kindle Unlimited subscription, it can be canceled at any time.
Keep in mind that this two-month deal is only available for a limited time, so snag it before the price changes.
The price differences between the Kindle versions and print editions are pretty significant. For instance, the Kindle version of Blacktop Wasteland, a novel by S. A. Cosby included on this “best of” list, retails for only $2.99, which is 89 percent less than its listed print price.
Now, for the good stuff. Every year, Amazon’s book editors compile a list of their favorite books of that year, ranging across several categories including literature and fiction, mystery and thrillers, biographies, cookbooks and more.
2020’s selections include titles that the book editors could not stop thinking about, raving about and recommending to others. Take a look at their picks, below, which will make perfect gifts for someone on your list or even for yourself.
1. A Knock At Midnight: A Story Of Hope, Justice And Freedom By Brittany K. Barnett, $13.99 (Print List Price: 28)
2. Migrations: A Novel By Charlotte McConaghy, $13.99 (Print List Price: $26.99)
3. Blacktop Wasteland: A Novel By S. A. Cosby, $2.99 (Print List Price: $26.99)
4. Group: How One Therapist And A Circle Of Strangers Saved My Life By Christie Tate, $13.99 (Orig. $27)
5. The Vanishing Half: A Novel By Brit Bennett, $13.99 (Print List Price: $27)
6. Fifty Words For Rain: A Novel By Asha Lemmie, $13.99 (Print List Price: $26)
7. Castle (Oprah’s Book Club): The Origins Of Our Discontents By Isabel Wilkerson, $14.99 (Print List Price: 32)
8. The Girl With The Louding Voice: A Novel By Abi Daré, $13.99 (Print List Price: $26)
9. Memorial: A Novel By Bryan Washington, $14.99 (Print List Price: $27)
10. Hidden Valley Road: Inside The Mind Of An American Family By Robert Kolker, $8 (Orig. $29.95)
If you enjoyed this story, you may want to check out Barack Obama’s first presidential memoir that’s cheaper to read with Kindle.
More from In The Know: