Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
April showers bring May flowers. And with April nearly here, you can most likely expect some rain in your upcoming weather forecast. So that means it’s time to pull out your rain boots or finally purchase yourself a pair. After all, who wants to trudge through puddles and sudden downpours with wet and chilly toes?
With that unpleasant picture in mind, we’ve rounded up eight pairs of wallet-friendly rain boots that are comfy, waterproof and all less than $100. Keep scrolling to get all the details on top-rated styles from brands like Hunter, Sperry and more.
- Best Overall: Hunter Original Tall Waterproof Rain Boot
- Best Printed Rain Boots: Landchief Rain Boots
- Best Quilted Rain Boots: Petrass Women Rain Boots
- Best Tall Rain Boots: JOULES Welly Print Waterproof Rain Boot
- Best Short Rain Boots: Planone Short Rain Boots
- Best Lace-Up Rain Boots: Bernardo Zina 2 Rain Boot
- Best Affordable Option: Asgard Women’s Ankle Rain Boots
- Warmest Rain Boots: Sperry Syren Gulf Duck Boot
1. Best Overall: Hunter Original Tall Waterproof Rain Boot, $96 (Orig. $165)
Hunter’s tall rain boots are seen as classics for a reason. Complete with a rubber lug-sole and adjustable strap at the shaft, these knee-high boots will last you for years to come. Be sure to snag this style while it’s on sale!
2. Best Printed Rain Boots: Landchief Rain Boots, $30.99
If you tend to do a lot of gardening or yard work during the spring, these printed rain boots are for you. Additionally, these boots have a slip-resistant sole and a cotton moisture-wicking interior.
3. Best Quilted Rain Boots: Petrass Women Rain Boots, $25.99-$32.99
Available in eight solid colors, these mid-calf quilted boots are formed in one piece, so you can rest assured your feet will stay nice and dry. These shoes are also very lightweight and won’t drag you down.
4. Best Tall Rain Boots: JOULES Welly Print Waterproof Rain Boot, $84.95
One of the prettiest pairs on the list, these tall rain boots (with a 14-inch height) from JOULES are described as a “puddle-proof rubber rain boot set on a traction-gripping sole.” You can shop them in more than 15 different prints.
5. Best Short Rain Boots: Planone Short Rain Boots, $39.80
These cheerful yellow rain boots feature a “triple-layered insole for maximum shock absorption and ultra-comfort.” Shop these glossy boots in eight additional hues.
6. Best Lace-Up Rain Boots: Bernardo Zina 2 Rain Boot, $98.99
If you’re after a pair of rain boots that don’t immediately look like rain boots, check out this lace-up pair from Bernardo. This design has a sleek Chelsea boot profile and grosgrain ribbon accent.
7. Best Affordable Rain Boots: Asgard Women’s Ankle Rain Boots, $27.99
For under $30, these rain boots are one of the biggest steals on this list. Plus, this low-profile, sleek boot can easily be worn to the office or out to lunch without drawing much attention to the fact that they’re totally waterproof.
8. Warmest Rain Boots: Sperry Syren Gulf Duck Boot, $99.99
If your feet could use a little more warmth, these duck boots from Sperry should be on your shopping list. These rain boots have a warm microfleece lining and a cushioned footbed for secure, cozy steps.
If you liked this story, check out these travel essentials from women-owned brands.
More from In The Know: