Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
With warmer weather officially within reach, the debate on when the ideal kickoff of sandal season is in full swing. Arguably one of the most freeing seasons for your feet (you’ve got to let those toes breathe), it’s important to invest in a quality pair of sandals that can stand the test of time.
When it comes to men’s sandals, however, it’s easy to unknowingly enter “dad territory.” Most men’s sandal options today aren’t the most fashion-forward and aesthetically pleasing, with so many featuring frumpy silhouettes and chunky soles.
To ensure that you give your feet some breathing time while staying on-trend, we’ve compiled a list of eight men’s sandals available from retailers like Dr. Martens, Nike, Birkenstock and more that will add a modern touch to your warm-weather looks.
Before getting into the details of what makes each sandal worth the purchase, check out the full list below, separated into eight categories:
- Waterproof and Washable Option: Birkenstock Unisex Arizona Essentials EVA Sandals,
- Best Glam: Dr. Martens Gryphon Patent Leather Gladiator Sandals
- For the Rugged-Yet-Fashionable: Teva Hurricane Drift Sandal
- Best Sporty Option: Nike Men’s Benassi Just Do It Slide Sandal
- Best Luxury Pick: Tanaka Beige K. Jacques Edition Suede Sandals
- Brown Leather Option: Cole Haan Men’s FeatherCraft Slide Sandals
- Best Vegan Leather Pick: Dr. Martens Vegan Gryphon Gladiator Sandals
- For the Label-Obsessed: Versace Jeans Couture Black Logo Strap Sandals
Find a more detailed perspective of each option below.
1. Waterproof And Washable Option: Birkenstock Unisex Arizona Essentials EVA Sandals, $29.34 – $91.95
With over 17,000 five-star reviews, this unisex slip-on Birkenstock sandal is a No. 1 best seller for a reason. It’s available in sizes 5.5 to 13.5.
- Available in over 20 colors
- Rubber sole
- Anatomically shaped Birkenstock footbed
- Waterproof and washable
2. Best Glam: Dr. Martens Gryphon Patent Leather Gladiator Sandals, $110
These stunning Dr. Martens patent leather gladiator sandals are easy to clean and maintain and they’re available in sizes 4 to 14.
- High-shine, glossy finish
- Dress it up or down
- Wipe away dirt with a damp cloth
- Adjustable buckle fastening
3. For the Rugged-Yet-Fashionable: Teva Hurricane Drift Sandal, $40
The Teva Hurricane Drift Sandals have a rugged sole that’s both fashionable and functional. They’re available in sizes 8 to 13.
- Adjustable hook and loop straps
- Minimal design
- Sturdy traction
- Perfect for rugged, active use while on-the-go
4. Best Sporty Option: Nike Men’s Benassi Just Do It Slide Sandal, $24.99 – $109.99
With over 500 reviews and countless more men rocking these, everywhere, these Nike slides are sporty comfort embodied. They run from size 4 to 17.
- Lightweight and sporty
- Slip-on design
- Features classic Nike logo on foot-strap
- Lined with super soft fabric
- Foam midsole that adds a sprint to your step
5. Best Luxury Pick: Tanaka Beige K. Jacques Edition Suede Sandals, $314 (Orig. $615)
This couture, high-end option from French-made brand Tanaka features suede and leather construction and runs from size 6 to 13.
- Made in France
- Adjustable strap with pin-buckle fastening
- Buffed leather footbed
- Stacked leather midsole and leather outsole
- Silver-tone hardware and contrast stitching
- Perfect formal and casual sandal
6. Brown Leather Option: Cole Haan Men’s FeatherCraft Slide Sandals, $110
Cole Haan sandals never go out of style and this sleek woven option is available in both brown and black leather. They run from size 7 to 13.
- Available in black and brown leather
- Padded footbed
- Leather upper lining and sole
- Classic and comfortable Cole Haan silhouette
- Elegant design
7. Best Vegan Leather Pick: Dr. Martens Vegan Gryphon Gladiator Sandals, $130
If you’re looking for a vegan leather option, these soft and sustainable Dr. Martens gladiator sandals (vegan version to No. 2) are a no-brainer. They’re available in sizes 4 to 14.
- Made using no animal products and designed to imitate real leather
- Classic Dr. Martens grooved edges, visible welt stitching and scripted heel-loop
- Adjustable buckle fastening
- Cushioned sole
8. For the Label-Obsessed: Versace Jeans Couture Black Logo Strap Sandals, $69 (Orig. $95)
Merging comfort and high-end labels, this Versace Jeans Couture slides/sandal hybrid has just the right amount of flash and is available from size 6 to 12.
- Textile upper with rubber sole
- Open round toe
- Twin adjustable webbing straps with rubberized logo
- Velcro fastening
If you enjoyed this story, check out the nine best men’s pajamas that’ll keep you cool, even for the sweatiest of hot sleepers.
More from In The Know: