Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
If you grew up taste-testing new recipes, hosting relatives at your house during holidays and begging your parents to try new restaurants, it sounds like you might have a mom who loves to cook.
Can you blame her? Cooking can be relaxing, fun and even therapeutic. There’s nothing like using your own two hands to build something delicious, especially when you can proudly share your finished product with others.
In light of the global health crisis, more and more people are cooking their own meals and baking their own treats. According to Nielsen, sales of yeast grew by 647 percent during the second-to-last full week in March, with suppliers struggling to keep up. Not so coincidentally, Google searches for “easy bread recipes without yeast” nearly doubled around the same time.
So, whether your mom has a newfound love for the kitchen or is a longtime chef and entertainer, we’ve found some of the best Mother’s Day gifts for her.
Some of our favorites include a classic Le Creuset braiser she can use on the stove and in the oven (it’s currently on sale for more than 50 percent off at Sur La Table!) and glass containers for storing and safely reheating leftovers. These gifts can make your mom’s favorite hobby easier (or at least more chic).
We also love more personalized kitchen pieces, like this wooden board engraved with a traditional family recipe — but make sure to plan ahead when ordering for it to ship in time.
Keep in mind with all of these gifts, shipping times may be longer than usual. However, Mother’s Day is less than a month away, so you may want to start shopping soon.
1. Shop: Le Creuset Signature Braiser 1.5 Quart, $154.99 (Orig. $360)
2. Shop: Toastmaster 1.5-Cup Mini Chopper, $9.99 (Orig. $24.99)
3. Shop: Cuisinart Advantage 12-pc. Non-Stick Cutlery Set, $35.99 (Orig. $39.99)
4. Shop: Clare V. for Anthropologie Maisonette Dessert Plate, $18
5. Shop: Sur La Table 20-Piece Glass Storage Container Set with Pen, $69.95
6. Shop: Our Place Always Pan, $145
7. Shop: Personalized Family Recipe Board, $100
8. Shop: Lazy Wood Spoon, $26
9. Shop: ‘Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over’ by Alison Roman, $29.49
10. Shop: Tablescape Serving Board, $98
11. Shop: Food Network 10-pc. Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set, $77.99 (Orig. $129.99)
12. Shop: Kale & Herb Razor, $15
13. Shop: Vinglacé Stainless Steel Wine Chiller, $72
If you enjoyed this story, you might like to read about Food52’s gift ideas to make your Mother’s Day shopping a breeze.
More from In The Know: