Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Today, more folks are working from home than ever before. With this in mind, everyone’s more consciously trying to find ways to make their workspaces more productive and, above, all more comfortable.
One of the easiest ways to achieve this is with the perfect chair that best suits your needs and setup.
Whether you use an electric sit-stand desk or a smaller, more compact writing desk, the right office chair can completely change both your productivity levels throughout the day and your overall comfort.
Currently, there are hundreds of office chairs on the market, making it almost impossible for the casual shopper to find the right one. Also, sometimes you may not know which one’s right for you unless you have a visual in front of you.
In an effort to make your shopping experience a bit easier, we’ve compiled some of the best options you can find, separated into nine categories.
- Best Overall: Hbada Office Swivel Desk Chair With Flip-Up Arms And Adjustable Height
- Most Affordable: BestOffice Home Office Ergonomic Desk Chair With Lumbar Support
- Best Deal: Furmax Ergonomic Mesh Chair With Lumbar Support
- Best Ergonomic Option: Vari Task Chair With Headrest
- Most Adjustable Option: FlexiSpot Soutien Ergonomic Office Chair
- Best For Back Pain: FelixKing Ergonomic Desk Chair With Adjustable Height And Lumbar Support
- Top Glam Option: Duhome Velvet Desk Chair With Wheels
- Best Big And Tall Option: Steelcase Leap Plus Desk Chair With 300lb Weight Capacity
- Amazon’s Choice: Amazon Basics Classic Puresoft PU-Padded Mid-Back Office Computer Chair
Find a more detailed perspective of each chair below, complete with a defining customer review.
1. Best Overall: Hbada Office Swivel Desk Chair With Flip-Up Arms And Adjustable Height, $129.99 (Orig. $169.99)
Over 9,000 five-star reviews
“It has just enough support and height, and I love that even with the arms down, as I’m typing, they don’t touch my arms. So, when I’m in work mode, I’m free, and when I want to lean back and think about what I’ve composed, I can do so comfortably.”
2. Most Affordable: BestOffice Home Office Ergonomic Desk Chair With Lumbar Support, $33.88 (Orig. $41.46)
Over 29,000 five-star reviews
“30 minute-assembly. I really love this chair. It was easy to assemble with the pictorials, it’s super comfortable and it seems very sturdy.”
3. Best Deal: Furmax Ergonomic Mesh Chair With Lumbar Support, $49.98 (Orig. $74.99)
Over 30,000 five-star reviews
“This chair by Furmax gets a 5/5 in every category. It took me just about 25 minutes to assemble. I’d say this chair takes 15 minutes tops to assemble when done precisely and correctly. The moment I sat in it, I was instantly relieved of any doubt of speculation that it wouldn’t be of long-term use for me.”
4. Best Ergonomic Option: Vari Task Chair With Headrest, $395
No tool assembly required
“Boasting features of a $1,500 office chair at a $400 price with fantastic customer service. I had to upgrade my home office given the COVID-19 situation. My work office has an ergonomic chair with a $2,000 price tag. I bought this and found it to be better.”
5. Most Adjustable Option: FlexiSpot Soutien Ergonomic Office Chair, $299.99
Three-section lumbar support
“The chair really is quite comfortable. OK, I expected that. What I didn’t expect was how easily this chair glides across my hardwood floors without leaving the faintest hint of a mark. That was a nice surprise.”
6. Best For Back Pain: FelixKing Ergonomic Desk Chair With Adjustable Height and Lumbar Support, $139.99 with ticked coupon (Orig. $159.99)
Over 2,500 five-star reviews
“I use this chair every day. After a couple [of] weeks using it, my back didn’t hurt as much as before. So, I recommend this chair to people who sit for most of the day.”
7. Top Glam Option: Duhome Velvet Desk Chair With Wheels, $199.99 (Orig. $223.99)
Available in six colors and no tools needed for assembly
“It looks exactly as advertised. I put it together in less than 10 minutes and was able to put it to use immediately. It’s a pretty comfortable chair to sit in too, which I was most concerned about.”
8. Best Big And Tall Option: Steelcase Leap Plus Desk Chair With 300lb Weight Capacity, $1,320
Perfect for those who need extra cushioning, seating room and support
“Worth every penny. Sturdy. I didn’t feel like I was falling out of the chair or it was falling out from under me. Great adjustability.”
9. Amazon’s Choice: Amazon Basics Classic Puresoft PU-Padded Mid-Back Office Computer Chair, $89
Over 15,000 five-star reviews
“This chair is so beautiful and comfy. It was easy to put together. All it took was a little patience. I love that it tilts back, and the armrests are perfect.”
If you enjoyed this story, check out the best office chair for those with neck and back pain.
More from In The Know:
Shoppers say this $50 office chair with over 30,000 five-star reviews is ‘5/5 in every category’ — and it’s on sale
This luxury Invicta women’s watch is a whopping 90% off right now on Amazon — just $50
This popular 6-in-1 cordless vacuum is on sale on Amazon for just $96 — that’s over $500 off
This high-end Invicta men’s watch is still 88% off after Prime Day— just $74