Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
There’s nothing like cutting into a freshly baked pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving — the smell of nutmeg and cinnamon rushing to your nose, enjoying each bite with friends and family. Or maybe you prefer a classic apple or a crunchy, sweet pecan pie. Nevertheless, no matter your preferred flavor, you’ll need a great pie pan to help you make them all.
Our top pick for best pie pan overall is well-loved by others in the food industry — it’s the OXO Good Grips Glass Pie Plate. The top-rated pan is glass, so you can check on the bottom crust of your pie while it cooks. You can also safely place leftover in the freezer and reheat them in the microwave. Not only that, but it comes with a convenient raised lid.
Depending on your personal needs, however, you may prefer a different pie pan — one that makes multiple flavors at once, one you can leave at the party or even one that matches the rest of your cookware. Check our list of the best pie pans for the holiday season and beyond.
- Best Overall: OXO Good Grips Glass Pie Plate With Lid
- Top-Seller on Amazon: Pyrex Glass Pie Plate
- Best for Baking Two Flavors at Once: Chicago Metallic Professional Non-Stick Split Decision Pie Pan
- Best Oven-to-Table: Pioneer Woman Mazie 9-Inch Pie Pan
- Best Dish with Handles: Staub 9-Inch Pie Dish
- Best Enameled Stoneware Dish: Le Creuset Heritage Pie Dish
- Best Non-Stick: Williams Sonoma Goldtouch Nonstick Pie Dish
- Best Cast Iron: Old Mountain Cast Iron Pie Pan
- Best Disposable Option: Fig & Leaf Disposable Aluminum Pie Pans (60-Pack)
- Best Mini Pie Pans: Norpro Nonstick Mini Pie Pans
1. Best Overall: OXO Good Grips Glass 9″ Pie Plate With Lid, $12.99
The OXO Good Grips Glass Pie Plate has a clear bottom, which makes checking the bottom of your pie easy. Plus, the material allows for even cooking. If you’re making a chilled pie like a Key Lime, the pie plate is also freezer-safe. Not to mention, the pan is great for keeping leftovers in the fridge or taking to a party, thanks to the included lid.
2. Top-Seller On Amazon: Pyrex Glass Pie Dish (2-Pack), $16.99
You know Pyrex for its durable glass baking dishes — and these pie dishes are no different. The dishes have garnered over 2,500 reviews on Amazon, with 87 percent of reviewers giving them 5 out of 5 stars. They’re mostly lauded for the freezer-to-oven capabilities, and the fact that they’re more of a deep-dish style (aka they hold a lot of filling).
3. Best For Baking Two Flavors At Once: Chicago Metallic Professional Non-Stick Split Decision Pie Pan, $15.99
When half of your family likes apple pie but the other half likes cherry, you can satisfy both parties with this unique pie pan. It’s designed with a removable divider so you can make one pie with two flavors, two pie halves (as pictured) or take out the divider and make a whole regular one-flavored treat.
4. Best Oven-To-Table: Pioneer Woman Mazie 9-Inch Pie Pan, $14.99
Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman, knows a thing or two about baking. While Drummond’s floral Instant Pot is a best-seller, don’t overlook her other cookware. For expample, check out this stoneware pie dish decorated with a country charm print. The decoration starts on the outside and continues on the inside, so as slices leave the pan, you can still see a beautiful print.
5. Best Dish With Handles: Staub 9-Inch Pie Dish, $29.99
French cookware company Staub is known for high-quality enameled cast iron. But take note of its pie dish, which goes from freezer to oven to table to dishwasher with ease. Its standout feature, however, is its large handles that make it easy for carrying from oven to table.
6. Best Enameled Stoneware Dish: Le Creuset Heritage Pie Dish, $50
Le Creuset’s colorful cookware always looks beautiful when placed on a table, and this 9-inch pie dish will stylishly stand out at any occasion. Made of premium stoneware, the pan distributes heat evenly so the crust comes out perfectly golden brown. Plus, the dish’s colorful glaze is scratch-resistant and non-stick for an effortless pie removal.
7. Best Non-Stick: Williams Sonoma Goldtouch Nonstick Pie Dish, $18.95
Williams Sonoma’s nonstick pie pan is made from aluminum coated steel and has a ceramic-based coating that makes it even more resistant to wear and tear. Your pie will easily slide out if you prefer to serve it in another dish or simply want to get every crumb on your plate.
8. Best Cast Iron: Old Mountain Cast Iron Pie Pan, $23.99
The benefits of cooking with cast iron is that it guarantees even heat distribution, which is especially great when cooking a pie. Not only that, but while most pie pans are about 1-inch deep, this cast iron one is 2-inches deep, so it can hold more filling. Place it on the bottom rack of your oven so the cast iron can really absorb the heat.
9. Best Disposable Option: Fig & Leaf Disposable Aluminum Pie Pans (60-Pack), $16.99
If you’re making a pie for a party or an event where you plan to leave the plate, there’s nothing wrong with using a disposable (and recyclable) aluminum option. These pans, made by Fig & Leaf and found on Amazon, are highly durable and can withstand temperatures of up to 500° F. “They are slightly larger and slightly heavier than the regular weight, so they hold up well to the heavy contents without bending,” wrote one Amazon reviewer, who also added that “the bottoms seem to be more solidly reinforced with the ‘star pattern’ as opposed to the standard grocery store-type.”
10. Best Mini Pie Pans: Norpro NonStick Mini Pie Pans (4-Pack), $25.99
Sometimes you prefer a more personal size pie. For those times, these mini pie pans measure about 5 inches in diameter and are 1.25 inches deep, so they’re great for when you want to make multiple flavors or want one all to yourself. Made of durable steel, the pans have a nonstick coating that makes removing them from the pan nearly effortless.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also want to read about the affordable bread maker Amazon reviewers rave about.
More from In The Know: