Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
You probably don’t use a roasting pan much outside of the fall and winter holiday seasons, and that’s because they’re mostly used for roasting large cuts of meat (we’re looking at you, Thanksgiving turkey!). However, the best roasting pans can be used for a lot of things all year round, from lasagna to roast salmon and roasted potatoes.
A roasting pan is a high-walled pan made for cooking at high heat — usually 350°F and above — that traps in heat, collects fat and juices and makes covering your roasting pan with aluminum foil (also called tenting) easy. The best roasting pans are durable and use stainless steel, cast iron or carbon steel to conduct heat and cook food evenly.
Based on the materials they’re made with, easy-to-grab handles and most of all, customer reviews, these are some of the best roasting pans money can buy.
- Best Overall: Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Stainless Rectangular Roast with Rack
- Best For Serving Oven-To-Table: Le Creuset Signature Roaster
- Best Roasting Pan With A Lid: Granite Ware 18-Inch Covered Oval Roaster
- Top-Rated On Amazon: Circulon Nonstick Roasting Pan with Rack
- Best Budget-Friendly Pan: Farberware Bakeware Nonstick Steel Roaster with Flat Rack
- Best For Deep Browning Food: Made In Roasting Pan
- Best Nonstick Option: All-Clad NS1 Nonstick Roasting Pan
- Best Pan For Single Cooks: Revol Porcelain France French Porcelain Square Roasting Dishes
- Best Multi-Use Pans: Duralex Nested Oval Roasting Set
1. Best Overall: Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Stainless Rectangular Roast With Rack, $84.23 (Orig. $99.95)
You can’t go wrong with most Cuisinart kitchen items, and this pan is no different. Over 4,000 Amazon reviewers give it 5 out of 5 stars, with one writing they “simply cannot believe how much nicer the food turns out (and how much easier the clean up is) than with cheaper roasting pans.” It’s made with stainless triple-ply construction, so it’s incredibly durable, yet it’s also dishwasher-safe, so cleanup is a breeze.
2. Best For Serving Oven-To-Table: Le Creuset Signature Roaster, $200 (Orig. $285)
Le Creuset’s Signature Roaster is made with enameled cast iron, which enables even heat distribution and is dishwasher-safe. The roasting pan comes in three sizes — 3-quart, 5 1/4-quart and 7-quart — and 10 colors. Choose a color to stand out on your table or add it to a matching set. Oh yeah, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.
3. Best Roasting Pan With A Lid:Circulon Nonstick Roasting Pan with Rack, $70
Amazon ranks the Circulon Nonstick Roasting Pan as its best-selling roasting pan with a rack, and reviewers give it a collective 4.7 out of 5 stars. One reviewer calls it their “favorite pan in the house,” while another writes, “this roaster is perfect for prime rib, turkey or whole chicken. Take out the rack and make a deep dish lasagna.”
4. Top-Rated On Amazon: Granite Ware 18-Inch Covered Oval Roaster, $25.99
This Granite Ware roaster comes with a lid for sealing in flavors — no tenting necessary. It fits a turkey up to 15 pounds with the lid (18 pounds without). It’s made with carbon steel construction and a porcelain surface, making it naturally nonstick.
5. Best Budget-Friendly Pan: Farberware Bakeware Nonstick Steel Roaster With Flat Rack, $24.99
This Farberware nonstick roaster is oven safe up to 450°F, and while some of the pans listed here are oven safe up to 500°F and even 1200°F, it’s not totally necessary. You’ll roast most turkey or chicken between 350°F and 400°F and only go higher for baking pizza and bread. If meat is what you’re using it for, this Farberware pan is a great low-price option that will get the job done and make cleanup easy.
6. Best For Deep Browning Food: Made In Roasting Pan, $99
Made In cookware is used by professional chefs like Grant Achatz at Alinea in Chicago and host of Top Chef, Tom Colicchio. Its roasting pan is made with carbon steel and can be used on the stovetop for searing first, then placed in the oven for finishing, so meats and veggies can get perfectly browned and tender.
7. Best Nonstick Option: All-Clad NS1 Nonstick Roasting Pan, $99.95
All-Clad cookware is known for being durable, and this roasting pan is made with hard-anodized aluminum and a bonded three-layer nonstick material that’s scratch-resistant and releases food with ease. Being that it’s nonstick, that also means you can use less oil when cooking.
8. Best Pan For Single Cooks: Revol Porcelain France French Porcelain Square Roasting Dishes Set of 2, $102
If you’re planning on cooking for one or two people, you might not need a big roaster. This porcelain set by Revol includes two sizes that come in black or white and are great for vegetable side dishes, pasta bakes and more. They’re oven safe up to 570°F, but also microwave, freezer and dishwasher-safe. (You can also purchase the single 7.5″x7.5″ dish for $72.)
9. Best Multi-Use Pans: Duralex Nested Oval Roasting Set, $64
This set of roasting dishes can be used in the freezer, refrigerator, oven and microwave — so you can prep, cook and reheat leftovers all in the same dish. Plus, they’re dishwasher safe too, so they’re easy to clean. And the fact that they “nest” makes storing them away much easier, as they take up very little space.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also be interested in learning about Amazon’s best-selling cast iron pan.
More from In The Know: