Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Whether you’re team makeup or prefer to go au naturel, tinted moisturizers with SPF are a must-have in your beauty arsenal. It’s probably the most natural looking lightweight foundation to wear on the days when you don’t have the patience to do a full face of makeup, but when you still want to even out your skin tone.
In many cases, you can use an SPF tinted moisturizer in place of a sunscreen or foundation, depending on the amount of coverage you prefer. Unlike heavy foundations, tinted moisturizers with SPF are super lightweight and subtle when it comes to coverage. They help smooth out your complexion by adding a hint of color, and they give you some much-needed sun protection. They also tend to have ingredients that hydrate your skin, such as antioxidants and humectants, which is what makes them a great option for everyday use among skin care enthusiasts.
To find the best SPF tinted moisturizer for your skin, consider the ingredients. For example, if you have acne-prone skin, look for a product that is oil-free and non-comedogenic (AKA non-clogging) so that it doesn’t block your pores. The beauty experts at Who What Wear say that those with dry skin, on the other hand, should seek out a tinted moisturizer with more hydrating ingredients like squalene and aloe.
For the best tinted moisturizer with SPF for your skin care concerns, check out the list of top picks below to add to your beauty bag. Keep scrolling to get all the details on the best tinted moisturizers with SPF from top-rated brands like BareMinerals, Nars and Laura Mercier.
- Best overall: IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream with SPF 50+, $39.50
- Best option for oily skin: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen, $46
- Best choice for sensitive skin: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $28
- Best SPF moisturizer for men: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Daily Energizing Moisture Treatment for Men SPF 20, $28
- Best pick for darker skin: BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30, $33
- Best option for mature skin: Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15, $79
- Best choice for those with dry skin: Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $45
- Best pick acne-prone skin: Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20, $36
1. Best Overall: IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream with SPF 50+, $39.50
Why it’s great: For starters, this CC cream is a win for all skin types thanks to its ingredients. It contains everything from collagen to help smooth your skin’s appearance to hyaluronic acid to help pack in moisture. Additionally, this color corrector gives you full coverage and leaves your skin with a natural finish. Not to mention, it comes in over 10 different shades.
2. Best For Oily Skin: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen, $46
Why it’s great: For those with oily skin, this Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is a must-have. Its unique formula specifically controls oil breakthrough and the demi-matte finish leaves your skin looking perfectly polished with a slight glow. As a bonus, you can wear it all day because it contains vitamin C and vitamin E to help brighten and protect your skin.
3. Best For Sensitive Skin : First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $28
Why it’s great: If your skin is easily irritated, then you need to try First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer. It contains a number of key ingredients, but none more important than hyaluronic acid and colloidal oatmeal. According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, oatmeal can help soothe and relieve dry and itchy skin, especially among those with eczema.
4. Best For Men: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Daily Energizing Moisture Treatment for Men, SPF 20, $28
Why it’s great: Sure, this recommendation isn’t technically tinted, but it is a go-to SPF moisturizer for men. It has a rich, creamy consistency and contains vitamin E and caffeine to help improve dry and dull-looking skin. Plus, it’s great for all skin types. If you do prefer a true tinted moisturizer, this one from men’s skin care brand Stryx is worth considering, but keep in mind that it does not contain SPF. It’s also one of the few tinted moisturizers in multiple shades designed for men.
5. Best For Darker Skin: BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30, $33
Why it’s great: Available in 20 different shades, this award-winning moisturizer from BareMinerals is one of the most inclusive products on this list. It provides light to medium coverage and has mineral electrolytes to help enhance your skin’s moisture. Just apply it with your fingertips and you’re good to go.
6. Best For Mature Skin: Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15, $79
Why it’s great: Although a bit pricey at $79, this dermatologist-tested moisturizer is definitely worth the investment if you need a bit more coverage. Described as a “unique skin perfector,” this moisturizer helps smooth out fine lines and has a natural-looking finish. It’s currently available in seven shades and is great for both men and women to use.
7. Best For Dry Skin: Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $45
Why it’s great: The key to treating dry skin is hydration, and this Nars moisturizer offers just that — and then some. The coverage is light but can help reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots over time. It contains botanicals and a mix of mineral sea water and kopara to help leave your skin soft and smooth. Plus, the coverage is buildable so you can use it as a prep before applying other makeup.
8. Best For Acne-Prone Skin: Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20, $36
Why it’s great: For minimal coverage that won’t clog your pores, this Tarte moisturizer is a safe bet. Not only is it oil-free, but it’s also rich in antioxidants. Additionally, it contains chamomile extract, which is great for helping damaged skin and reducing inflammation in acne-prone skin.
If you liked this post, check out The 5 best beauty products on sale at Nordstrom for less than $25 right now.
More from In The Know: