Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Whether you live in a cold climate all year long or prefer to travel to see the snow, having a reliable pair of winter boots in your closet is essential. After all, who wants to have to trudge through sleet and slush with chilly and damp toes? Not us!
With that unpleasant picture in mind, we’ve rounded up nine pairs of cheap winter boots that are warm, waterproof and all with price tags under $100. Keep scrolling to get all the details on our favorite styles from top-rated brands like Columbia, Sperry and Lands’ End.
- Best Overall: Columbia Women’s Ice Maiden II Boot
- Best Rubber Pair: Sperry Saltwater Duck Boot
- Best Non-Bulky Option: TOMS Mojave Hiker Boot
- Best Faux-Fur-Trim Winter Boots: Cougar Duffy Faux Fur Trim Waterproof Bootie
- Best Insulated Winter Boots: Lands’ End Squall Lite Insulated Snow Boots
- Best Bargain Pair: Rockmark Women’s Waterproof Snow Boots
- Most Versatile Winter Boots: Dream Pairs Women’s Mid-Calf Winter Snow Boots
- Best Fashion-Forward Winter Boots: White Mountain Cozy Bootie
- Best Short Winter Boots: Bogs Sweetpea Waterproof Winter Bootie
1. Best Overall: Columbia Women’s Ice Maiden II Snow Boot, $89.95 – $89.99
Why we love it: These winter boots from Columbia top our list of affordable winter boots for a few reasons. Not only do they have a supportive rubber sole, but the waterproof leather and interior insulation will keep your feet dry and warm all winter long.
2. Best Rubber Pair: Sperry Saltwater Duck Boot, $79.99 (Orig. $109.95)
Why we love it: Sperry’s Saltwater Boots are instantly recognizable and extremely popular for good reason. Available in various colors and finishes, these rubber boots feature a Wave-Siping sole for extra traction on wet and dry surfaces.
3. Best Non-Bulky Option: TOMS Mojave Hiker Boot, $87.96 (Orig. $159.95)
Why we love it: While snow boots can be notoriously bulky and not overly attractive, this pair from Toms is pretty fashionable. We especially love this pair for its water-resistant mixed-suede upper and one-inch platform.
4. Best Faux-Fur-Trim Winter Boots: Cougar Duffy Faux Fur Trim Waterproof Bootie, $100
Why we love it: If style is one of the main factors when picking out your winter boots, you’ll want to check out this design from Cougar. This waterproof bootie comes in eight additional shades and is temperature rated to -11 degrees.
5. Best Insulated Winter Boots: Lands’ End Squall Lite Insulated Snow Boots, $59.97 with code DRIFTS (Orig. $99.95)
Why we love it: While these boots feature a water-resistant nylon upper and Lands’ End’s Thermolite insulation, they are surprisingly lightweight. You’ll love the micro-fleece lining and easy pull-tab at the heel that makes these shoes toasty and comfortable.
6. Best Bargain Pair: Rockmark Women’s Waterproof Snow Boots, $59.99-$69.99
Why we love it: These snow boots are a total steal. But a cheap price tag doesn’t mean these boots skimp out on comfort or warmth. Amazon shoppers have called these boots “very cozy, true to the size, warm and comfortable.”
7. Most Versatile Winter Boots: Dream Pairs Women’s Mid-Calf Winter Snow Boots, $68.99
Why we love it: These mid-calf snow boots are perfect to wear for any snowy occasion, from inside the ski chalet to making snowmen in your front yard. [Editor’s note: I bought these boots for a ski trip to Utah and can attest to this pair’s durability and warmth.]
8. Best Fashion-Forward Winter Boots: White Mountain Cozy Bootie, $69.99 (Comp. $80)
Why we love it: If you want a fashionable pair of winter boots that can still brave the elements, you’ll love White Mountain’s Cozy Bootie. Also available in six other colors, these hiker-inspired boots have a sherpa upper, lace-up closure and rubber traction sole.
9. Best Short Winter Boots: Bogs Sweetpea Waterproof Winter Bootie, $90
Why we love it: These short booties from Bogs are perfect to wear on winter days when you don’t need to trudge through inches of snow. And with a sweat-wicking footbed, you won’t need to worry about cold toes.
If you liked this story, you might like to read about 16 of the best puffer coats to shop this winter.
More from In The Know:
These are the 3 major handbag trends to look out for this season
You should definitely buy this leather Tory Burch card case while it’s on super sale
Psst! We just found the perfectly oversized turtleneck sweater you’ll wear all winter on Amazon
Elevate your nightstand with this cushy hand cream that doubles as fancy decor