Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Warm, toasty and oozing with cheese, these chicken, bacon and apple sandwiches are a comforting treat. And they go great with kettle chips and cold beer.
- 2 thinly slice chicken cutlets, seasoned with salt and black pepper
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, sliced thin
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 slices of bread, toasted
- Heat a medium-sized non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp.
- Take out the bacon and reserve the bacon grease, but don’t wipe the pan clean.
- Add in the sliced apples and sprinkle with a little kosher salt, black pepper and the fresh thyme leaves.
- Sauté for approximately 2 to 4 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Remove the apples from the skillet and place them onto the plate with the bacon.
- Add some of the bacon grease back in the pan and heat it before adding the chicken cutlets.
- Cook the chicken for approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- During the last minute of cooking, add the cheddar cheese to the top of the chicken. Cover the skillet with a lid or piece of foil until the cheese is melted.
- Spread the honey mustard on all four slices of toasted bread.
- Place the cooked chicken on two slices of the bread and top with the bacon and apples.
- Spread more honey mustard on the remaining bread slices and add them on top to make two cheesy, chicken sandwiches.