Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
If you’re looking for the perfect cheesy side dish that the whole family will love, this cheesy cauliflower and leek gratin is the perfect option. The delicious dish is a comforting component to any Thanksgiving feast, and it’s also a clever way to sneak some veggies onto the table!
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), sliced into half-inch slices
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1-2 leeks, white and light green part only, very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups sharp white cheddar, grated
- Cooked bacon (optional)
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the bottom of a baking dish. Layer about half of the cauliflower along the bottom, and half of the leeks. Drizzle with more olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Repeat until all of the cauliflower and leeks are used.
- Season the top layer with olive oil, salt and pepper, then pour the heavy cream over the cauliflower and leeks. Scatter the cheddar cheese on top. Then, lightly cover with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is nearly tender. Remove foil and continue to bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cream has thickened and reduced almost completely, and the top is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before eating. Optional: top with cooked bacon before serving.