Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
This isn’t your ordinary ice cream sundae. It’s served in a chocolate chip cookie bowl, aka a crispy cookie in the shape of a bowl. Add a scoop of your favorite ice cream, serve with your favorite toppings and you may never want to eat ice cream in a regular serving bowl ever again.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 and 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- your favorite ice cream, plus any toppings you’d like to add (chocolate syrup, cherries, whipped cream, sprinkles, etc.)
Pro tip: You can get ice cream delivered. From classic flavors to more unique, these nine brands have you covered.
- AmazonBasics Nonstick Carbon Steel 12-Cup Muffin Pan (Set of 2), $12.49
- Standard Size White Cupcake Paper/Baking Cup/Cup Liners (Pack of 500), $7.19
- Round/Circle Cookie Cutters (3 Various Sizes), $5.99
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In a separate small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and let it cool slightly.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter; whisk until smooth.
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and mix well to form a dough. Then, mix in chocolate chips.
- Roll out dough on a generously floured surface to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using a circular 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut dough into circles.
- Flip over a muffin tin upside-down and line with cupcake liners.
- Drape one disk over each cup mold on the pan, pressing over the liner to form smooth surface. Repeat with remaining circles of dough.
- Bake 12–14 minutes or until cookie cups are firm and golden brown. Cool on pan for about 5 minutes. Then, carefully remove cups from pan and cool completely.
- Fill out with ice cream, drizzle with chocolate and decorate with maraschino cherries (or any toppings of your choice).
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also want to learn how to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie.
More from In The Know:
This company is showing us how we can save our coral reefs
5 best-selling audiobooks we can’t wait to listen to
All the products our readings are loving (and buying) right now
I tried Obè Fitness, the at-home workout program that’s less than $1 per day