Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
- 16 oz. of fresh strawberries
- 4 oz. of dark chocolate or chocolate melts
- Candy eyes
Extra stuff you’ll need:
- Wax paper
- A toothpick with a flat end on one side
- Small microwaveable-safe bowl
- Paper towel
- Cut the leaves off of the strawberries with a straight cut.
- Cut a V out of the straight end you just cut. It will look like a heart.
- Cut a piece of wax paper to lay your “ladybugs” on.
- Shave about 4 ounces of chocolate into a small microwaveable proof bowl (or pour chocolate melts). Pop it into the microwave for 1 minute, stir and (if needed) microwave it for 30 more seconds, stir until smooth
- Dip the tips of a strawberry into the melted chocolate and immediately add two candy eyes. Lay it on the wax paper.
- Repeat with all of your strawberries.
- Dip a toothpick into the melted chocolate and add little black dots to the uncovered part of the strawberry for the dots.
If you enjoyed making these, you might also like making these bacon beef sliders.
More from In The Know: