This article is brought to you by Kraft and created by In The Know’s commerce team. If you decide to purchase products through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
When you think of Christmas parties, you might think of cookies and other baked goods. However, don’t sleep on the appetizers, like this Christmas queso dip made with creamy Velveeta.
Bring any dip made with Original Velveeta Cheese to a party and you’ll be the star for sure. It’s practically liquid gold! But we love that this queso dip has a kick, thanks to green chilies and jalapenos. It also gets its flavor from onions, tomatoes and beef, and is topped with a sprinkle of cilantro and more fresh tomatoes.
For an extra festive touch, serve it with red and green tortilla chips, and watch as your guests lose their holiday spirit fighting over who gets to finish the last bite.
Kraft has tons of other foods that can help you make a perfect party spread. Keep Kraft in mind when you do your grocery shopping this holiday season and definitely add a bar of Velveeta to your cart to make this dip for your crew.
- 1 32 oz. package of Velveeta
- 1 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 medium jalapeno
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter and add the jalapeno and onion. Saute for 3–5 minutes, or until onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Next, add RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- While that cooks, slice and cube your block of Original Velveeta Cheese, and add cubes to the pan. Stir until melted thoroughly.
- Spoon queso dip into a bowl and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and grape tomatoes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and dig in!
If you’re looking for more recipes, check out these New Year’s Eve pudding party parfaits.
More from In The Know: