Crispy Sweet Potatoes with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes and Pistachios
Recipe Courtesy of: Elena Besser
Serves: 4 people
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This recipe is ideal for those who want something healthy that still feels special. Sweet potatoes are halved and baked alongside cherry tomatoes that burst with flavor. The tomatoes are topped with herbaceous cilantro, and pistachios are showered over the tops of the sweet potatoes for something that is truly delicious and guilt-free. Serve them on their own or alongside another protein, and enjoy the bounty of the summer season.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise and poked with a fork
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 pints (2 cups) cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves and tender stems
- 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. On a sheet tray, drizzle ¼ cup olive oil over the sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Season with kosher salt and cook in the oven, cut side down, for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
3. Flip the potatoes and move them to one side of the tray. On the other side, add tomatoes and toss in the olive oil, drizzling extra olive oil on the tomatoes as necessary, and season with salt.
4. Place back into the oven on the middle rack and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the tops of the sweet potatoes are crispy and the tomatoes have burst.
5. In a small bowl, combine the cilantro with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat.
6. To plate, place the potatoes cut side up and top with cherry tomatoes, chopped pistachios and dressed cilantro — and enjoy!
Cook’s Notes: If the sweet potatoes aren’t getting as crispy as you’d like, pop them under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown the tops.
Want to try more of Elena Besser’s recipes? Check out her recipe for homemade ricotta with spring peas and mint!
More from In The Know: