Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Warm up with melt-in-your-mouth restaurant-style queso dip. It’s made with two types of cheese, jalapeños, tomatoes, and a handful of spices. Serve it with your choice of tortilla chips and a refreshing margarita.
- 1 cup of half and half
- 1/2 pound of American cheese, shredded
- 1/4 pound of fontina cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños, diced (plus more for garnish)
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Kitchen tools needed
- Heat an oven-safe cast iron pan over medium heat. Pour in half and half and about half of the American cheese. Whisk to melt the cheese.
- Next, mix in half of fontina cheese and stir.
- Mix in the remaining American cheese and stir. Then mix in the remaining fontina cheese and stir. You’ll want to continuously stir to keep the cheese melting, smoothing out any chunks and keeping the bottom from burning.
- Add jalapeños, cumin, nutmeg, red pepper, salt and pepper and stir.
- Once the cheese starts to simmer, move to the oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once done, garnish with fresh jalapeños, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
If you enjoyed this recipe, try out these four amazing taco recipes you’ll want to make again and again.
More from In The Know: