The thought of tackling an egg-in-a-hole burger recipe might sound intimidating at first.
But rejoice, brunch lovers, because we’ve finally found an easy way to make this fancy, flavorful staple at home.
How to make a Egg-In-Hole-Brunch Burger♬ original sound – In The Know Food
Watch the video above to see In The Know producer Nicholas Rudzewick give the recipe a try. Or, keep reading to see how it’s done.
How to: Easy egg-in-in-a-hole burger recipe
It doesn’t take a boujee brunch menu’s worth of supplies to cook this burger. Instead, you’ll only need eight items. (Note: This recipe makes four servings):
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Four eggs
- Four slices of cheese
- Four hamburger buns
- One small glass
Here’s how to put it all together:
- Form three, equal-sized beef patties. Then, use the lid of your glass to cut a circular hole in the center of each patty (they’ll basically look like donuts at this point). Using the extra beef cut from your first three patties, form the fourth patty and cut a hole inside it as well.
- Heat up a skillet and melt your butter. Add the patties, and cook them for about two minutes. Then, flip the patties and crack an egg inside each one.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper, then cover the skillet and let them cook until the whites set.
- Remove the lid and add a slice of cheese to each burger. Cover the skillet and cook the patties again, until the cheese has melted.
- Remove patties and quickly toast the buns on your hot pan. Then remove the buns, and build your burgers with the sauces and toppings of your choice.
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you liked this story, check out this article on this TikTok-favorite ice cream machine that turns “anything” into soft serve.
More from In The Know: