Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Looking for a classic holiday dessert recipe that requires minimal effort? This eggnog pudding is delicious and super easy to prepare. The hardest part is letting it sit in the fridge and not digging your spoon in for a taste too soon!
Once all of the ingredients are mixed on the stove, make sure you give yourself at least three hours to let the pudding set in the refrigerator.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup eggnog
- 3 egg yolks
- whipped cream, for topping
- crushed peppermint candy pieces, for garnish
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, ground cinnamon, eggnog and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Place pan over medium heat on the stove and whisk until pudding is thickened and it coats the back of a spoon, about 5-8 minutes.
- Pour pudding into a medium-sized bowl and cover with plastic wrap. The plastic wrap should touch the top of the pudding. Place in the fridge to set, around three hours.
- Once cooled and set, divide into dessert cups and top with whipped cream and candy cane pieces.
If you’re looking for more recipes, check out these New Year’s Eve pudding party parfaits.
More from In The Know: