A frittata is a great breakfast or brunch dish for a group, and this potato crusted goat cheese frittata is a total crowd pleaser. Eggs, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese come together to form a delicious, savory breakfast supported by a crispy potato hash brown crust. If you’ve been wanting to transform your mornings from good to great, you need to add this breakfast frittata recipe to your morning routine.
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb. frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Whisk 6 eggs in a bowl, then add the dried thyme, a dash of salt and pepper, and 1 tablespoon of water and whisk again. Set the egg mixture aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet and cook the onions.
- Once the onions are softened, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet and the thawed shredded potatoes and stir so that the potatoes are mixed with the onions.
- Lightly press the shredded potatoes into the skillet to create a crust-like formation. Add a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper to the shredded potatoes, cover and cook.
- Sprinkle the spinach on top of the shredded potatoes and then place the sun-dried tomatoes on top of the spinach layer. Cover and cook.
- Add a layer of crumbled goat cheese, and then pour the egg mixture on top of everything in the skillet. Cover and cook.
- Once the eggs have cooked, remove the skillet from heat and slice up your frittata.
- Plate the frittata slices and sprinkle on some fresh parsley. Enjoy!
More from In The Know:
Try out these hacks to upcycle single-use plastic water bottles
I replaced all of my old underwear with SKIMS underwear, and I'm never turning back
I want to fill my entire closet with these dreamy viral Selkie dresses
These $22 packing cubes are how I get away with only bringing a carry-on bag on every trip