Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
This pull-apart emoji cake will add a bit of fun to any barbecue, picnic or other summer party you may have. And if you love frosting, this recipe is for you.
The cake is actually made up of several cupcakes molded together with buttercream frosting. Rather than cutting the cake, you’ll simply have to pull this one apart to devour.
- Weetiee Pastry Bag Set, $14.97
- Wilton Icing Spatula, 13-Inch, Angled Cake Spatula, $7.29
- Nicpro Precision Cutter Exacto Knife, $13.99
- Place cupcakes on a circular plate and fill the plate completely.
- Mix buttercream frosting with yellow food coloring and place frosting in a large piping bag with a large round tip.
- Fill in gaps between cupcakes with frosting. (This will keep the top layer of frosting from falling between the cracks.) Next, add a thick layer of frosting across the tops of the cupcakes and spread evenly.
- Cut black sugar sheet into sunglasses and smile design (try freehand or trace using an exacto knife) and place on top of cake.
- Pull-apart and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also enjoy this recipe for a chocolate funfetti cake.
More from In The Know:
How to grill the perfect steak
This miniature fire pit is perfectly sized for small backyards
Subscribe to our daily newsletter to stay In The Know
Shop our favorite beauty products from In The Know beauty on TikTok