Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Is it a bagel? Is it a pizza? No, it’s even better. This crunchy flatbread is topped with lox, avocado and cucumbers for an added crunch — all layered on everything bagel cream cheese.
The seasoning that coats an everything bagel is usually a mix of dried onion, garlic, sesame seeds, caraway seeds, dried chopped chives, poppy seeds and sea salt. To make your own seasoning, combine 1 teaspoon of each ingredient, or buy the seasoning pre-mixed from Trader Joe’s or others found on Amazon.
In this recipe, we mix everything bagel seasoning with cream cheese, but you can sprinkle it on popcorn, avocado, chicken, veggies — or just about anything!
So, make yourself a flatbread that will put all past brunches to shame. We have a feeling you’ll be making this dish on more than one occasion.
- 8 ounces cured salmon (can substitute with smoked salmon)
- 2 pieces naan bread, flatbread or 1 pre-baked large pizza crust
- 1 avocado sliced or diced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Cherry tomatoes
- English cucumber, thinly sliced
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs dill, chives, parsley
- Capers, drained
- Lemon zest
For everything bagel cream cheese:
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray for easy clean up.
- While the oven is preheating, make the everything bagel flavored cream cheese: In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and the seasoning. If a thinner cream cheese consistency is desired, stir in milk or cream, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Toast the naan: Place the pieces of naan on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the naan is golden brown and toasted.
- To assemble: Remove naan from the oven and spread heaping 1/4 cup (or more to taste) of the flavored cream cheese on top. Scatter the salmon on top of the cream cheese and top with desired garnishes.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve immediately.
More from In The Know: