Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
The term “hasselback” refers to the way the potato is cut — sliced about halfway through all the way down the potato like a fan. You’ll stuff butter, garlic and fresh herbs between the slots, sprinkle with cheese and bake for a buttery, cheesy potato dish.
Once you’ve tried hasselback potatoes, you’ll never want to eat potatoes any other way.
- 6 russet potatoes
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- Italian shredded cheeses
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with oil.
- Lay two chopsticks parallel on your cutting board and place the potato in between. Make thin slices all the way down the potato, but not all the way through, stopping at the chopsticks. (The chopsticks help prevent you from cutting too far.)
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and mix in minced garlic until fragrant. Remove from heat and brush garlic butter over potatoes.
- Cook potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with a mix of Italian shredded cheeses (mozzarella, parmesan, etc.). Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from oven and garnish with more cheese and fresh parsley, and serve.
More from In The Know: