With warm weather on its way, it’s time to bring the heat (literally) with a refreshing, flavorful spicy margarita! On this episode of In The Know: Bar Master, mixologist and cocktail expert, Josué Gonzaléz (@josue.allday) shares his signature Hot Margarita Summer recipe, which features traditional margarita ingredients like tequila and lime juice, revved up with chili liqueur and a Fresno chili pepper ice cube. It’s time to kick off outdoor party season with some spice!
- 1 oz Cazadores Tequila Blanco
- 0.5 oz Ancho Reyes Verde Poblano Liqueur
- 0.5 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 1 oz honeydew melon juice
- 0.75 oz lime juice
- 0.25 oz chamomile honey syrup (Josué makes this by diluting honey with chamomile tea)
- Fresno watermelon ice cube (Josué makes this by freezing watermelon juice with water and a Fresno chili pepper)
- Tajin seasoning, for rim
- Orange, for rim
- In a cocktail shaker, add the chamomile honey syrup, melon juice, lime juice, poblano liqueur, elderflower liqueur and tequila.
- Fill your shaker tin with ice, then shake the cocktail.
- Prepare your glass by seasoning half the rim with Tajin seasoning, using the juice from an orange to help it stick. Place the Fresno watermelon ice cube inside the glass.
- Pour the margarita into the glass, and enjoy!
More from In The Know: