TikTok user @princharmingfromshrek shared a video of herself showing off her new lighter. She said that was all she wanted to do, but alas. At least she got some viral content out of it!
As she flicked the handheld lighter, it produced a particularly large flame that burned a clump of her hair off immediately. She reacted in terror and pulled at her newly singed locks.
Enter here for a chance to win a $500 Uber gift card.
She then panned the camera to show the fallen and burned hair.
Luckily, it doesn’t seem that @princharmingfromshrek’s hair was actually on fire for long — just enough to scorch off a good clump.
Commenters didn’t have much sympathy.
“What did you think would happen?” one user wrote.
“I just KNOW it smells awful now,” another said.
“It’s okay. You can fix it with Gorilla Glue,” a third joked.
If you enjoyed this story, read more about another TikTok user who also caught her hair on fire while filming.
More from In The Know: