Eating at a hibachi restaurant is always a thrill. Patrons get a front-row seat to the traditional Japanese method of firey cooking. It’s not unusual to see your dinner go up in flames managed by an expert chef. Adults are able to enjoy the excitement because they know it’s safe, but babies, on the other hand, are just learning that fire is dangerous.
In the brief clip, the hibachi grill unleashed a giant burst of fire. The baby girl sat in her high chair, looking stunned. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she wriggled in her seat.
The man sitting next to her couldn’t help but giggle at the little one’s reaction, but he could tell she was scared.
“You’re good. You’re good. You’re good,” he said, gently patting her back.
The baby girl immediately settled down as soon as she was assured it was safe.
The adorable video received over 29.5 million views and 5.3 million likes on TikTok.
“I need that man to comfort me always,” a user joked.
“She was looking like, ‘Why nobody running?'” another said.
“The way she looked at the camera had me crying,” someone added.
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you enjoyed this story, check out this golden retriever dad who transforms a cluttered old closet into a luxurious dog bedroom.
More from In The Know: