Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
This salmon and asparagus sheet pan dinner is the perfect dish to make when you’re looking for a quick healthy bite. Light and fresh, the colors will also look great on your plate.
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 5 servings
- 1 lime, sliced in half
- 1/2 lemon, sliced in half
- 1/2 orange, sliced in half
- 1/2 grapefruit, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sweet potato, sliced thinly
- 1–2 bunches of asparagus
- 5 salmon filets (5 ounces each)
- olive oil (for drizzling)
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
- salt and pepper (for taste)
Pro tip: You can get your ingredients delivered for free through Amazon Fresh with an Amazon Prime membership. Get 30-days of Amazon Prime for free.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the juice of half of a lime, half of a lemon, half of an orange and half of a grapefruit. Bring to a simmer and add tamari, honey, coconut palm sugar, sriracha, grated ginger, minced garlic and whisk until well-combined. Bring sauce to a simmer again and add butter. Stir until butter is melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper. Lay sweet potato slices on sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Add asparagus on top and around sweet potato slices.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels and place on top of sweet potatoes and asparagus. (Pro tip: Set salmon on the counter for 15 minutes before you’re ready to put it in the oven so it reaches room temperature. This will allow it to cook more evenly.)
- Drizzle salmon with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Brush salmon with about half of the prepared honey glaze.
- Cut the remaining half of the lime, lemon, orange and grapefruit into thin, round slices. Place fruit slices on top of salmon and vegetables and lightly drizzle with more honey glaze, leaving some leftover for serving.
- Broil in the oven on high heat for 8–15 minutes on the middle rack.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven and remove fruit slices. You can either discard them or serve with the dish.
- Brush the remaining glaze over the salmon, add a pinch of parsley for garnish and serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also want to read about 4 ways to make amazing guacamole.
More from In The Know: