If you’ve ever wondered how to clean a blender the right way, you’re not alone.
Yes, your blender probably makes great smoothies, and yes, you can even make soup in it. But getting all those chunky, sticky pieces out afterward? That’s not so easy.
In The Know producer AmiLin, our resident food hack specialist, decided to give the hack a try. Watch the video above for a how-to, or keep reading for some step-by-step instructions.
First off, supplies. Here’s all you’ll need to pull this off.
- Dish soap
- Your blender (obviously)
Now, here’s how to clean a blender the easy way:
- Squirt three pumps of dish soap into your dirty blender
- Add hot water until the blender is one-third of the way full. Be sure not to fill it up to the top!
- Pop on the blender cup lid, and attach it to the blender base.
- Turn it on! Start with the lowest speed, then increase as you see fit. The soapy water should rush all throughout the blender.
- Once your blender is looking clean, dump out the water. Then, rinse out the blender with warm water.
And that’s it! The hack basically lets the blender clean itself. Why mess around with sponges, dishwashers or other tools when you can just use the tools you have on hand?
If you liked this story, check out this article on how to make homemade McDonald’s McGriddles.
More from In The Know: