After sharing a screen as relatives for the past 11 years, the stars of “Modern Family” finally said goodbye — and their off-screen farewell messages were just as emotional as the scripted ones.
Here are some of the most emotional tributes from the actors:
1. Ariel Winter, a.k.a. Alex Dunphy, shared a series of behind-the-scenes photos taken throughout the years.
2. Aubrey Anderson-Emmons, the sassy and sweet Lily Tucker-Pritchett, shared an adorable video to wish her TV family goodbye.
3. Rico Rodriguez, known for playing Manny Delgado, posted an all-star selfie with the cast.
4. Sarah Hyland shared an adorable photo of the full cast, stealing the scene as only Haley Dunphy could.
5. Julie Bowen, famous for her role as eccentric matriarch Claire Dunphy, wished her “fake family” goodbye with a photo of a video call, giving us hope the cast will stay in touch.
Though the finale saw the members of the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker family scattered in all different directions, the cast will always share the bond that comes with filming over 200 wonderful episodes together — and winning 22 Emmy awards.
If you enjoyed this story, you might also like reading about the ‘oddly iconic’ prop this ‘Modern Family’ star stole from the set.
More from In The Know: