Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
This wedge salad is getting a major upgrade! Grilling your lettuce gives it a smoky, caramelized flavor on the outside, but keeps the cool, crunchy texture you’re used to on the inside. You can grill it outside over an open flame, or for a quick inside job, use a grill pan. Then, switch up your traditional blue cheese dressing for this sweet and tangy sauce and top it with chopped peanuts.
Makes: 4 wedge salads
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage
- Canola oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat grill.
- Remove the toughest outer leaves of the cabbage, and cut into four even-sized wedges. Light brush wedges with canola oil.
- Place cabbage wedges on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the outer edges show char marks and begin to soften.
- While cooking, mix lime juice, olive oil, fish sauce, garlic, cilantro, salt and sweet chili sauce. Whisk until well combined.
- Once wedges are done cooking, take them off the grill and drizzle with the dressing.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts.
If you liked this story, you might like to read about six food delivery services you might not know about — but need to.
More from In The Know: