Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Organization is key — so is cleaning, storage, gardening and more. In this series, you’ll learn various tips and tricks to make gardening, grilling and even sewing easier. No matter the problem, there’s a “Home Hack” for that!
In this episode of Home Hacks, we’ll show you how to turn colorful paper into 3D decorative stars.
Below, we’ve outlined all the supplies you’ll need to create these easy but gorgeous decorations.
Supplies you need:
- Shop: Origami Square Paper 200 Sheets, $6.99
- Shop: AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Office Scissors Pack of 3, $11 (Orig. $11.99)
- Shop: Cotton Twine String, $7.59
- Shop: Elmer’s Extra Strength Glue Sticks, $6.42
- Shop: Elmer’s Craftbond Tacky Glue, $7.46
- Fold paper in half diagonally.
- Repeat in opposite direction.
- Fold down the center and repeat.
- Cut halfway to center from each edge.
- Fold flaps inward to meet each other.
- Use glue to stick flaps together.
- Repeat steps 1-6 with another piece of paper.
- Tie a knot.
- Glue down knot and add glue to star points.
- Join two sides together.
And for a step-by-step tutorial, be sure to watch the full video above.
If you liked this story, you might like to read about how to make frozen treats with ice cube molds.
More from In The Know: