Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Making your own pasta may sound like a lot of work, but the results are totally worth it. All you need is flour, eggs and salt, plus a trusty pasta machine. We recommend the Marcato Design Atlas Pasta Machine, which is Amazon’s best-selling manual pasta maker that has over 2,000 positive reviews and 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Shop: Marcato Design Atlas Pasta Machine, $74.99
- Shop: Farberware Classic Wood Rolling Pin, $10.44 (Orig. $17.18)
- Pour 4 cups of all-purpose flour on a clean surface, creating a large mound.
- Using a fork, create a well in the center of the flour mound.
- Add eggs and salt to the well and mix eggs with the fork. Once egg yolks and whites are combined, gradually mix with flour until a dough is formed.
- Knead dough until it is elastic.
- Roll dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Once chilled, cut dough into quarters.
- Sprinkle one quarter with flour and roll flat. Run the dough through a pasta machine until thin, sprinkling with flour as needed. Once thinned out, cut the dough using the pasta machine and sprinkle pasta with more flour. Repeat with the three remaining dough quarters.
- Finally, cook pasta and serve however you prefer!
More from In The Know: