Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
You have to try these crunchy and colorful shrimp tostadas! A tostada is a little like an open-faced taco. You start by toasting a corn tortilla (“tostada” is Spanish for “toasted”) and once it’s nice and crispy, pile on the toppings. They’re super easy to make and a definite crowd-pleaser.
Servings: 6 tostadas
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 chopped red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 limes
- 6 corn tortillas
- pickled red onions, for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add shrimp, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, juice of 1 1/2 limes, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, red onion, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Stir using a spoon until mixed.
- Let it rest for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- While shrimp mixture rests, make guacamole. Add avocados, Greek yogurt and remaining juice of 1/2 lime to a bowl and mix until well combined. Add salt to taste.
- On a pan over medium heat, add enough oil to coat the bottom and cook tortillas one at a time until crispy, about three minutes on each side.
- Top each crispy corn tortilla with guacamole then the shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with pickled red onions and cilantro (optional).
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also want to check out these four recipes for extremely tasty guacamole.
More from In The Know: