Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Organizing is key — so are cleaning, storage, gardening and more. In this series, you’ll learn various tips and tricks to make gardening, grilling and even sewing easier. No matter the problem, there’s a Home Hack for that!
Apple cider is a fall and winter essential, whether you prefer to drink it hot or cold. But if you want to give your cider an extra punch of flavor, spicing up the beverage is the way to go.
You can create a custom apple cider flavor by starting with plain apple cider from the grocery store or your local farmer’s market. Then, collect a few of your favorite fruits and spices. One combo that’s a surefire winner is apple cinnamon ginger pear cider. Here’s how to make it:
Apple Cinnamon Ginger Pear Cider
- 6 ounces sliced pears (plus more for garnish)
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 2 inches knob ginger, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 star anise
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat on the stove and fill with each of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Let the cider mixture simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Once done, strain and garnish with extra pear slices and a cinnamon stick. Serve warm.
Try this infused apple cider or other combinations like blackberry with oranges or raspberry and lemon.
More from In The Know: