Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Movie nights and Netflix premieres call for popcorn, but not just any popcorn — tequila-spiked caramel corn. The booze coated treat is sweetened with agave nectar and made extra crunchy with roasted peanuts. Time spent snacking on the couch will never be the same.
- 16 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon tequila
- In a pot over medium heat, mix brown sugar, butter, agave and corn syrup to make caramel syrup. Then, toss in salt and stir.
- Boil for 4 minutes on medium, stirring occasionally to keep the bottom from burning.
- Add in tequila and baking soda, and stir.
- In a bowl, mix popcorn and peanuts.
- Then, pour tequila-caramel syrup over popcorn. Make sure to coat popcorn evenly.
- Lay coated popcorn on a baking sheet and bake at 250°F for one hour.
- Once done, let it cool slightly and serve.
More from In The Know: