Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
All you need is your handy immersion blender to make this decadent affogato dessert.
An affogato is Italy’s version of a very upgraded iced latte. The coffee-based dessert is typically made with hot espresso poured over ice-cold gelato. It may even have a shot of liqueur, like amaretto, thrown in the mix.
This version is a lot less boozy, a little less rich in fats and made out of “n’ice cream” — ice cream made from fruit. But it’s still just as layered and delicious.
- Frozen bananas
- Heavy cream
- Whole milk
- Optional: chocolate syrup
- Optional: frozen berries
1. Make n’ice cream with frozen bananas by adding milk to chopped frozen bananas and blending until smooth.
Optional: Add your favorite frozen fruit to the mix like raspberries or strawberries.
2. Make whipped cream by Mixing heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Then blend together until it’s nice and fluffy.
3. Make frothed milk by heating the whole milk in a saucepan on the stovetop until it is steaming — not boiling. Then use the emersion blender to blend until it’s frothy.
4. Brew a shot or two of espresso and pour the frothed milk over the espresso.
5. Finally, pour the espresso with frothy milk over the n’ice cream. Add a scoop of your homemade whipped cream. You can top the affogato with chocolate syrup or more banana slices. Enjoy with a spoon or straw.
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you enjoyed this story, read about other Kitchen Hacks here.
More from In The Know: