Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Do you love ribs but hate waiting hours for them to cook? Well, if you’re in need of a solution, these Instant Pot BBQ ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender in under an hour. For the sauce, you can use an original recipe, go with your own tried-and-true brand or check out Amazon’s best-selling BBQ sauce by Primal Kitchen (it’s keto and paleo-diet approved!).
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rack pork ribs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Shop: 6-Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker, $79 (Orig. $99.95)
- Shop: Trivet with Heat Resistant Silicone Handles Compatible with 6-Quart Instant Pot, $6.69
- Combine garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub seasonings over both sides of ribs until well-coated.
- Place wire trivet rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Pour water and apple juice into Instant Pot.
- Place the ribs upright, with the meat side facing out, circled around the pot.
- Secure lid and close vent. Press “manual” or “pressure cook,” and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When the time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes, then turn the valve to quick release.
- Carefully remove ribs and place on a large, foil-lined baking sheet and slather them in BBQ sauce.
- To finish them off, broil them in the oven for two to three minutes to caramelize the BBQ sauce, and enjoy.
If you liked this story, you might like to read about six food delivery services you might not know about — but need to.
More from In The Know: