These homemade Goldfish are the perfect cheesy baked snack. You’ll never go back to the ones at the store again!
Chef Nick DiGiovanni is the youngest-ever finalist on the reality TV cooking competition MasterChef. DiGiovanni shares all kinds of easy at-home recipes on TikTok and Instagram, where he has millions of followers.
In The Know tried out the chef’s Goldfish snack recipe, and the results were tasty. DiGiovanni promised that compared to store-bought goldfish, the homemade kind is crispier and cheesier.
- 3 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of flour
- 6 tablespoons of butter, cold
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Goldfish cookie cutter
1. Add the sharp cheddar cheese, flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and salt to the blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Next, add the cold butter to the mixture. Blend again until you start to see pea-sized clumps.
3. Put in the tablespoon of cold water and blend one more time.
4. Flour your workstation. Then roll the mixture into a giant dough ball.
5. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough ball into a thin sheet.
6. Grab your Goldfish cookie cutter and cut out as many Goldfish as you can.
7. Place the Goldfish on a nonstick baking sheet and sprinkle them with salt.
8. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Finally, enjoy this cheesy, crispy snack!
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you enjoyed this story, check out this mom’s reaction to discovering her baby’s bath toys were filled with scary bacteria!
More from In The Know: