Fancy an easy taco night at home? In this episode of ITK: Eats, we show you how to make delicious, baked chicken taquitos. The recipe is with shredded chicken, cheese and onions, so you know it will be good. Plus, it’s super easy to follow and takes less than an hour to make. Pro tip: Ask your loved ones to join in the cooking so you can make it a date night or family night activity!
Lodge pre-seasoned cast iron pan
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) can of green chiles, drained
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 12 to 14 corn tortillas, taco size
- 1 cup jack cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Put extra virgin olive oil and chopped onion into your Lodge pre-seasoned cast iron pan and saute over medium-high heat until the onion is soft. Add chipotle peppers, black pepper, sea salt and green chiles, then continue to saute on medium-high heat for another five minutes. Then, stir in the shredded chicken and transfer the mixture to a separate bowl.
To form the taquitos, roll the cheese and the chicken mixture into each tortilla and place it into a glass baking dish. Once the tortillas are in the dish, top them with olive oil cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. To serve, top taquitos with guacamole, pico de gallo and cilantro.
In The Know by Yahoo is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
More from In The Know:
10 thoughtful gifts any college graduate would love
'Vanderpump Rules' star Scheana Shay reveals what it's been like for her to watch this season back
I'm a shopping expert, and these are the Amazon fashion new arrivals worth buying in May
Woman gets 'completely transparent’ about her ‘biggest mental breakdown,’ which revolves around feeling undateable in her late 20s: ‘Why can’t I have the same?’