Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Put those freshly picked raspberries to work this summer by making this gorgeous and refreshing raspberry pie. Delicious and simple to make, this dessert features a medley of fresh raspberries packed into one tasty pie, resulting in the perfect combination of sweet and tart. If you’re looking for a summer treat so tasty it’s almost pie in the sky, try this recipe for raspberry pie!
- 1 pre-made packaged pie crust
- 7 cups fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- Fresh mint leaves
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Place the pie crust in a 10-inch pie pan.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crumple a sheet of parchment paper, then place it gently on top of the crust and fill it with dry rice before baking at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Whisk together corn starch with water until dissolved in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Make the raspberry filling by adding 5 cups of the raspberries to a medium-sized saucepan and crushing them using a potato masher until they’re puréed. Next, add sugar, honey, vanilla, and salt. Then, cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to bubble.
- Add the corn starch and water mixture to the saucepan. Stir consistently for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and glossy, then turn off the heat. Add 1 cup of the raspberries and stir using a spatula until completely coated in the sauce.
- Scoop the raspberry filling into the pie crust, then decorate the top with the remaining raspberries. Let the pie cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours until it sets. Finally, top with whipped cream and fresh mint leaves before serving.
More from In The Know:
Celebrate the 4th of July with these bold red, white and blue snack boards
7 queer-led brands you should be shopping
This is the $24 Amazon swimsuit cover-up you'll see everywhere this summer
The Dyson Pure Cool purifying tower fan is on everyone's holiday wish list — and it's $200 off