Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Get your mornings popping with this copycat breakfast recipe for everybody’s favorite toaster pastry! Perfect for busy mornings, these homemade strawberry Pop-Tarts are simple to make in your air fryer and easy to take with you on the go. If you’re looking for a sweet way to start the day, take a bite out of this copycat recipe for strawberry Pop-Tarts.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsps heavy cream
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- 3-4 drops red food coloring
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsps strawberry jam
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Whisk together powdered sugar, heavy cream, melted butter, red food coloring, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut the puff pastry into 8 equal-sized rectangles using a knife.
- Place 1 tbsp of strawberry jam in the center of 4 rectangles.
- Spread the jam out to a quarter of an inch to the edge of the rectangle.
- Moisten the edges of each piece of puff pastry with water using a brush.
- Top each pastry with jam on it with another pastry rectangle.
- Press the edges together using your fingers, then use a fork to crimp them.
- Press the “ON” button on the air fryer, then press “air crisp.” Set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then set a timer for 10 minutes and hit “START”.
- The air fryer will beep once it’s finished preheating. Open the air fryer and spray the basket inside with cooking spray. Place 2 pastries in the basket, then close the air fryer. The air fryer will beep again once it’s finished cooking. Repeat this process with the remaining pastries, then let them cool on a wire rack before frosting them.
- Once cool, spread the frosting onto the tarts before topping them with rainbow sprinkles.
- Refrigerate the pastries to harden the frosting before serving.
More from In The Know:
9 looks that are perfect for a summer wedding or black-tie event
Amazon shoppers rave about these gold hoop earrings, and they're on sale for less than $15
People love this small, compact rowing machine — and it probably costs less than your gym sneakers
Teen finds her doppelgänger while scrolling through TikTok